Friday, March 27, 2015

Tigers who earn their stripes....

I see a lot of women these days referring to their stretch marks as their tiger stripes. Usually they are the result of carrying children, and they have definitely earned those stripes and should be very proud to sport them. They have brought little kidlets into the world and they (hopefully) find joy in every day with them.

But what about those of us who sport stretch marks that have nothing to do with having kids? Some of us just got them as we developed. It's pretty damn common, what with the breasts popping up pretty quickly and those hips just growing out from nowhere!

And then there are the extra stretch marks that some of us bear. I think of them as battle scars of sorts. Because that's what they are. Everyone's battle is different, I know mine, and I work hard every damn day to heal the wounds, and lessen the scars. But they'll always be there. They're as much a part of me as my dizzying intellect and mad wit. ;-)

/endrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment