Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ode to A Peanut Butter Cupcake...

Dear Cupcake,

You were delicious.

Your creamy Peanut Butter frosting was decadent and delightful.

Your fluffy, moist posterior brought tears of joy to my eyes as I sunk the fork into you.

As I watched you travel on that fork from the plate to my mouth, I felt anticipation like never before.

You felt like heaven in my mouth, bringing joy to my tastebuds as they alighted with flavour and richness.

I savoured you.

I savoured every little crumb.

You may be worth a zillion calories, but you were oh so worth it.

There shan't be another like you for quite some time...

Okay, I lie, because my brother's wedding occurs this weekend.

But I assure you, it won't hold a candle to your chocolatey, peanut buttery deliciousness.

And now, my dear little cupcake, the time has come for me to move on.

Remembering always, the satisfaction I gained from your consumption,

Safe with the knowledge that I don't need that experience as often as I think I do.

To do that would be to cheapen what we had, and that would be a great injustice.

So I walk forward, without worry, without regret.

I wish you the best, and please be kind to my ass.

Yours Lovingly,

Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment