Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Body Revolution Redux

Hello folks out there in internet-world!

It's been one heluva month, let me tell you!  I've made it to the 45lbs lost mark, and I've been working like crazy!  I took a month to try out some of Jillian's other DVDs whilst I waited for the end of August for a second round of the Body Revolution.  Today marks Day 2 of the KickStart week, where you follow a rather strict meal plan and do two workouts a day.  I just finished my second of the day and man am I tired!

For those of you who are wanting to know, here's a brief blurb on each of the DVDs I tried out:

J.M. 6 Week 6 Pack

Yowza!  Even though Jillian's got a new Abs workout DVD that is JUST about to be released, this one is not that old (2010) and its a heluva good workout!  Jillian takes you through all sorts of crazy ab intensive moves, that also happen to be cardiorific for max calorie burn.  She helps you build that core up while blasting the fat away because really, what's the use of having a 6 pack if there's a bunch of fat getting in the way of showing it off?  Two workouts that are roughly 30 minutes (we all know she likes to sneak in an extra min or so here and there!) and yes the Level 1 is damn challenging and Level 2 will knock your socks off!

J.M Extreme Shed and Shred

I used this for my cardio DVD for the last month.  Its crazy!  Its actually two halfish hour workouts that you can do either seperately or together for a workout that lasts over an hour.  I tried that once.  It did not end well.  'Nuff Said.

J.M. Kickboxing Fast Fix

I love this DVD (I have it in mp4 format) for the simple reason that the workouts are super short (20-25 mins each) and they are crazy in the cardio!  Its a full body blast, its short and I don't use it for my main workout but if I've got some extra energy juice at the end of the night, this is a good one to use it all up on!

J.M. Killer Buns & Thighs

So.  I did this one once this month.  I only did the Level 1 workout and well....my poor poor buttocks were quite tingly for awhile afterwards.  Definitely not for the faint of heart, this DVD will totally whip your butt and thighs into the greatest of shapes.  Can't wait till after this go around of Body Revolution to explore it some more!


Well there you have it.  Great DVDs, the workouts are just long enough and at the same time, not too long.  I'm very happy with my purchases and I can't deny the results I'm getting.  I also can't deny the fact that my journey has inspired a few of my friends and family to get up and get moving and invest some time in themselves.  Whether its Jillian Michaels, P90x, Insanity, CrossFit, Yoga, Kettlebell, Spin.....working out your body helps to keep it in top form so that it can keep working for you.  I'm unbelievably chuffed to have inspired some of you guys out there, and I know each and every one of you can achieve the results you desire.  It takes hard work and determination, but I know you have it in you.  Jillian knows you have it in you.  

It's time, isn't it?  So get off the couch, kick your own ass and find the healthy you you've always dreamed of.  In the immortal words of Michaels,

"Find your why.  Once you have a why, you can tolerate ANY how"

Remember those words, they'll help you in the Killer Buns and Thighs. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment