Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It's Been Awhile...!

Yes indeed it has, FitFriends.

I've had one heck of a summer.

Lots of beer.

Lots of Food.

LOTS of BBQ.

I had fun, obviously!

However, I also gained 8lbs back. *sigh*

Then I started a new job, totally stoked, and started going back to the gym.  I started doing the Jamie Eason LiveFit trainer all over, however I went for a nerve conduction test at the hospital and until I get an MRI done to rule out a slipped disc, I'm on doctors orders to stop lifting heavy objects.

Normally, that would have discouraged me. Now....I'm working around it. Jillian Michaels is once again my go-to with her mainly bodyweight exercises, and compound movements using lighter weights. (Hey! YOU try doing a squat and corkscrew press with 25lbs!)

Burpees galore.
Planks a' many!
Cardio intervals interspersed with compound movements!

The result? It's been half a week and I'm down 2.5lbs.

What I realized is this:

I'm not done torching fat. I'm seeing performance results with these workouts in a way that I'm finding very satisfying. My body is responding well and burning calories during my workouts like its going out of style (but its SO not!)

I feel athletic.

Everytime I get to my 8th burpee and get to thinking "This is SO HARD. Who's going to care if I don't finish two more to complete the set?"

Instead of stopping, I've started answering back.

"I WILL."

and then I finish the set of 10. Next week I plan to add 2 more.

I feel exhilarated as I push myself, TRULY push myself. I'm getting hard on myself during my workouts because I KNOW. I. CAN. DO. BETTER.

I deserve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment